Thursday, July 15, 2010

A personal hot favorite...


Do you know who this is? If you don't, I'm going to give you several reasons to want to hop into that time machine and go VERY far back to enjoy a hot date with this man:


tutored by Aristotle in medicine, philosophy, morals, religion, logic, and art (I always start with the brains, they make me swoon)

a patron of both the arts and sciences

was not a sports fan (seriously!)

there was that whole being a Greek king and creating one of the largest empires in ancient history thing

and, well, look at him!  He was said to have one blue and one brown eye, by the way.  His hair would have been dark, slightly curly.  His complexion olive, though not very dark.  He was sturdy and fit, obviously.

I might be a bit scared of him, but I'd still go out on a date with Alexander the Great.  

7 comments:

  1. Our delicious bisexual Alexander was a blonde you know... many Hellenics were :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I found both blonde and dark-headed depictions. I'll take him either way!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am generally inclined to agree, but wasn't he also, like, 5'2" or something? Despite being short myself, I'm not huge on men THAT short, sadly...

    ReplyDelete
  4. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oooh, I took a whole university course on Alexander, and yeah, I had a little crush on him. This blog is so great! I know exactly what you mean about falling in love with men in history textbooks and men in old-fashioned uniforms. There's a fort near where I live with costumed interpreters, and seriously - rowr.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Yay, Alexander is here! (I emailed you recently about him and seconded a nomination on a more recent, biracial nominee *wink wink*)

    I'd be happy to take either the blond or brunette variations myself... and I guess it's a good think I'm shorter than 5'2" so the height, however small by modern standards, would have worked for me!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I married a guy who is 5'6" so obviously the height thing doesn't bother me a bit. Hot is hot. :)

    ReplyDelete