Friday, July 16, 2010

Hot sleuthing action...

Jeremy!  Darling! Come in.  Don't stand out there, you'll catch your death.  Go on, take off that hat and gloves.  Here.  Oh now, with the pipe and the magnifying glass.  Don't you want to put those down just for a moment?  Aren't you tired of them yet?  Go on, I'll fix you a drink.  Scotch?  Here.  Relax.  Give me that coat.  Isn't that better?  I've got a fire going and dinner will be ready in just a bit, just sit there and enjoy your drink and let me look at you. 



What? Why do you look at me that way? Darling, you know, I've got a bit of a mystery for you to solve. Plenty of clues. The thing is, the first clue...it's upstairs...

4 comments:

  1. I conceived one of my first serious crushes on Jeremy Brett. When I was a child during the 1960s (yes, I'm old, we lived in London. I saw two serials that he starred in on the BBC, The Three Musketeers and Kenilworth. He was so gorgeous. Sigh.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh lord. I have spent most of the past two years in my friend's basement watching Sherlock Holmes and sighing over how beastly and amazing Jeremy Brett is.
    I am so glad you put him up.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I envy Anna Massey for being married to this piece of hotness at the time. *sigh*

    And that spastic little chortle of his as Holmes.... *squeh*

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh god, I ADORE Jeremy Brett. So glad you included him, because he is glorious. Absolutely the definitive Holmes, and also the only part of 'My Fair Lady' I enjoyed. If I was Eliza, I'd have chosen him over Henry Higgins any day.

    ReplyDelete